Sunday, January 20, 2008

LTCs

Well, we've all gone nuts for making these little LTCs (Letterboxing Trading Cards). ATCs (Artist Trading Cards) of course have been around for quite some time. And LTCs are the same idea, except for the restriction that they must include at least one hand-carved stamp. I've been trading them madly and having a lot of fun with it.

I had already made the decision to finish out the postal rings I'm in and then not sign up for more than one at a time. I love postals and love getting to know people through participating in postal rings--but honestly, after the last postal rate increase, I felt the pinch. That, plus the fact that rings creep along in fits and starts. Suddenly, I just didn't really want the long-term commitment that a postal ring necessitates.

So, that's what I'm liking about the LTCs. I can trade as much or as little as I want, and if I'm not in the mood, I don't have to. I still get to see the work of people from all over the US (and different folks, because there are people doing LTCs that never did postals).

The cards range from really simple to highly complex. Mine usually contain more than one image, and I like to create cards that are unexpected. I'll try to post some pictures, but scanning in and all of that isn't one of my strengths.

I like trading, so feel free to contact me via AQ if you're up for a swap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have tried my hand at these LTC’s and have come to the same conclusion. They are easier and cheaper to mail; contain the element of a unique stamp, artistic flair, and the ‘sig’ of the maker. In addition, if they get lost in the mail, they are easier to replace. However, because of the ease, quick turn around and cheaper cost, it makes me wonder if they will eventually make postals obsolete….

~C~

Puddle Splasher said...

I can't wait to see your LTCs! I hope you'll scan one in soon.
Puddle Splasher