Monday, June 09, 2008

3rd Time's the Charm?


For the 3rd year in a row, my beloved Rice Owls are heading to Omaha for the College World Series. This team is NOT considered as talented as the last two years, but they sure are scrappy. I'm not sure how they'll do, but I'm thrilled at how they persevered this year and are one of the last 8 teams standing.

Because of family obligations, we couldn't attend the post-season series like we normally do. We did get to go to a couple of in-season games (where my 6 year old missed being conked in the head by 4 inches--and never looked up). So, because we couldn't be there, we let the kids stay up late last night to watch Rice's come-from-behind win over Texas A&M. The first CWS game will be this weekend, probably Sunday.

Last year, I had a Go Owls! box out all summer, and in 3 months, only one person found it. If you're interested in finding a similar box this year (I'll use a different stamp and a different location), I'll put one out in time for first pitch this weekend. Leave a comment. And if you're rooting for someone else in the CWS, let's get some cheering and jeering going.

2 comments:

John and Diane said...

I had no idea the Owls were in the CWS again! Way to go Owls!! Sounds like a sweet victory over A&M.
-Astro D

Anonymous said...

Is Harvard not the Rice of the Northeast? It will be great to watch a small school upend one of the sports factories.

Remembering my Houston days,

Lightnin' Bug