Saturday, November 17, 2007

For the Girls

I generally letterbox with boys--my husband and two sons. So, when picking boxes, I usually choose themes and places that are going to appeal to the males of the species.

They will go along with me on most boxes as long as the spot is cool and they can skip stones, climb boulders, shimmy up trees, search out fungi or generally explore. But, it's a more fun experience for everyone when they're as excited about the subject matter of the letterboxes as I am.

As soon as the clues were published, I knew there was one set of boxes I'd never get them enthused about: Dress Up Daisy, a series of boxes with a paper doll & her outfits. When mentioning it, all I got were eye rolls.

Luckily, I have a good letterboxing friend with daughters, so we hit the trail yesterday to find this delightful series by Sandibox.

The weather was fabulous (about 15 degrees cooler than it had been and no humidity), the trail was scenic & the company was top-notch. What a nice morning, and a real relief after a busy & stressful week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw shucks! I'm so glad you enjoyed Dress-Up Daisy, and flattered to have her featured on your blog. I've seen many posts about how different boxes appeal to different finders, and this is a perfect example. I knew it would appeal more to the girls than the guys, but it's a tribute to all the fun SoccerChik and I had playing with paper dolls when she was little. Daisy is definitely my favorite plant to date and all are welcome to find her... guys and gals.
SandiBox